1. Sitharaman said making available safe drinking Water to every citizen is a priority for the govt which is working towards ‘ Har ghar jal ‘ by 2024.
2. Sithraman said the government also proposes to expand Swachh Bharat to include solid waste management in every village .
3. Women entrepreneurs will also be eligible for an overdraft of ₨.5000 and one woman in every SFG will be made eligible of a loan of upto 1lakh under MUDRA scheme .
4. The govt plan to start and E-commerce platform on the lines of ‘Amazon and Alibaba’ to sell products for MSMEs and the khadi and village Industries Commision.
5. The govt has also announced a pension scheme for 30 million small traders, recognising the plight of shopkeepers, small traders.
6. Finance minister Nirmala Sitharaman said the govt plans to use rivers for cargo transportation.
7. Projects such as industrial corridors, DFC, Bharatmala, Sagarmala and UDAN schemes will continue to improve connectivity and increases competitiveness .
8. The government to focus on ‘Gaon,Garib,Kisan’.
9. 1.95 crore new houses to be built in ruler areas.
10. Sitharaman said the govt will likely permit 100% FDI for insurance intermediaries.
11. Presenting the Budget for 2019-20, Sitharaman sait the government has already approved ₨.10,000 crore for FAME II scheme on April 1,2019.
12. The Indian Economy grew at 6.8%, a five year low, in 2018-19 and fourth quarter growth slumped to 5.8% which was a 17-quarter low.
13. The government will also work towards improving electricity availability to states at affordable rates.
14. Sitharaman also said a package for power sector and structural reforms will be unveild soon.
15. The finance minister said cargo movement in Ganga will increase four times in four years.
16. The government will bring out a policy framework to make India a global hub of aircraft financing and leasing activities.
17. Disinvestment target raised to ₨.1.05 trillion for the current fiscal year, against ₨.80,000 crore for 2018-19
18. Prime Minister Narendra Modi has urged states to work together to make India of a $5 trillion economy by 2024.
19. The Narendra Modi govt has proposed to corporate tax on companies with turnover upto ₨.400 crore reduced to 25%.
20. Finance minister Nirmala Sitharaman said the govt will infuse ₨70,000 crore capital into public sector banks (PSBs) in the current financial year to be able to lend more.