1. BJP Leader Sivraj Singh Chouhan Sworn in Chief Minister of Mudhya Pradesh 4th time. Congress Leader Kamalnath resigns due to his 22 MLA resigns and join BJP. Chouhan is the 32nd chief Minister of madhya pradesh.He is well known as mamaji.
2.Japan Prime Minister Shinzo Abe and International Olympic Committee President Thomas Bach agreed to postpone the Tokyo Olympic games by roughly one year.
3. Indian football captain Sunil Chhetri is selected among 28 players for the world governing body FIFA's campaign to combat the COVID-19 pandemic. He has been selected along with Lionel Messi, Philip Lahm, Iker Casillas, and Carles Puyol.
4. The Odisha State government is planning to set up a COVID-19 testing laboratory at a hospital in order to ease the burden as the state has only one facility at Bhubaneswar. The state government planning to set up a Biosafety Levels 2 (BSL-2) laboratory at Veer Surendra Sai Institute of Medical Sciences and Research (VIMSAR).
5. Government of India is to supply an additional 2kg subsidized foodgrains under the Public Distribution System (PDS) over the next three months. A total quota of 7 kg per person will be given. The announcement was made by the Ministry of Consumer Affairs, Food, and Public Distribution on 26 March. Highlights: ♦ The proposal regarding this was approved by the Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs (CCEA) headed by Prime Minister Narendra Modi on 25 March.
6. Uttar pradesh govermant ban selling of pan masala in state during the lockdown situation in the country due to covid-19.
7. Sameer Aggarwal is appointed as CEO of Walmart India. Aggarwal appointment will come into effect from 1 April. He will report to Dirk Van Den Berghe, Executive Vice-President and Regional CEO of Asia and Global Sourcing, Walmart.
8. The Ministry of Railways has extended the cancellation of passenger train services on Indian Railways. The move is to continue the measure taken in the wake of COVID-19. All Mail/Express trains including premium trains, passenger trains, suburban trains and trains of Metro Railway, Kolkata has been extended till 14 April 2020.
Central government has announced that the Freight Train can continue operation to ensure the supply of essential commodities.
Aggarwal will replace Krish Iyer, who is set to retire.