1. When is the International Day of the Tropics observed every year?
a) 26th June
b) 27th June
c) 28th June
d) 29th June
2. Prime Minister Narendra Modi attended the informal BRICS meeting in which city recently?
d) Cape Town
3. Which city police will issue red cards as warnings to men found harassing women in public?
a) Delhi Police
b) Mumbai Police
c) Pune Police
d) Noida Police
4. With how many runs India has defeated the West Indies recently as its biggest win against West Indies in World Cup history?
5. What is the venue of 2026 Winter Olympics?
6. ICC partners with which organization to deliver ‘One Day for Children’ at Men’s Cricket World Cup 2019?
a) Save the Children
b) Bachpan Bachao Andolan
c) Obama Foundation
7. In which state has a Buddhist relic recently been found?
a) Uttar Pradesh
b) Madhya Pradesh
c) Andhra Pradesh
d) Tamil Nadu
8. Name of NASA drone that would fly to the Saturn moon Titan.
1. (d) 29th June
The International Day of the Tropics is observed across the world on 29 June with an aim to raise awareness to the specific challenges faced by tropical areas and the far-reaching implications of the issues affecting the world’s tropical zone.
2. (b) Osaka
Prime Minister Narendra Modi attended the informal BRICS meeting in Osaka on the sidelines of the G-20 Summit. BRICS is an association of 5 countries: Brazil, Russia, India, China and South Africa.
3. (d) Noida Police
Noida Police will issue Red Cards as warnings to men found harassing women in public. While issuing the red cards, the Police will note down the details of the men.
4. (a) 125
After winning toss and batting first in this one-sided match played at Manchester, the Indian team scored 268 runs at the loss of seven wickets in the stipulated 50 overs. In reply, the entire West Indies team lost to 143 runs and lost the match. Man of the match award was given to Kohli.
5. (b) Italy
Northern Italy was chosen as the site of the 2026 Winter Olympics, with hosting to be shared by Milan. Winter Olympic Games 2026 will be organized from 6 to 22 February while the Paralympic Games will be organized from March 6 to 15.
6. (d) UNICEF
ICC partners with UNICEF to deliver ‘One Day for Children’ at Men’s Cricket World Cup 2019. There will be #OneDay4Children activity throughout all 48 matches of the event, peaking with a day of celebration during the England v India game on 30 June at Edgbaston.
7. (c) Andhra Pradesh
A third century A.D Buddhist relic was found on the right bank of river Gundlakamma at Anamanaluru village in Prakasam district in Andhra Pradesh. The local limestone pillar is carved with half lotus medallions at the centre and the top on all the four side. It measures to about 1’-3”x0’-9’’x8’.0” also, it is two feet below the ground level.
8. (b) Dragonfly
Dragonfly will fly to dozens of promising locations on Titan looking for prebiotic chemical processes common on both Titan and Earth. The mission will be launched in 2026 and arrive in 2034. This will be the first time Nasa will fly a multi-rotor vehicle for science on another planet.